Picked for you
FROM THE BLOG
As anyone who has ever been on the waxing table knows, the popular procedure can sometimes cause REDDNESS, INFLAMMATION, PEELING, and occasionally even BLEEDING. But
The research didn’t find evidence that waxing causes STIs, just that small tears below the belt (whether brought on by WAXING, SHAVING, or even SEX),
- Book Now
IPL Skin Treatments Tips
BEFORE YOUR SKIN TREATMENT
- Shave area with delicates wash 24 hrs prior to treatment.
- To ensure your safety we may require a doctor’s clearance for any medical conditions and prescribed medications.
- Help shed the dead skin cells with a BB mitt or body scrub.
- Have any waxing, threading, or cosmetic tanning treatments.
- Use hair removal cream, prescription exfoliants.
- Expose your skin to the sun.
AFTER YOUR SKIN TREATMENT
- Apply BB repair daily.
- Apply sunscreen every 4 hours.
- Contact your therapist if you have any concerns with ongoing redness.
- Engage in intense workouts, swimming, saunas and day spas for 24 hours.
- Have hot showers 48 hours post treatment.
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
- Book in for a FREE skin consultation prior to booking in for peel.
- Skin preparation 2-4 weeks on Aspect skincare products.
- Avoid sun exposure and exercise prior to treatment.
- Exfoliate your skin.
- Wear make-up on the day of your treatment.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- Avoid sun exposure for 24 hrs.
- Avoid hot water and steam for 24 hrs.
- Use oil based cleansers for 24 hrs.
- Use make-up for 24 hrs.
- Rub tinted area.
1 WEEK PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- Avoid sun exposure, anti-wrinkle injections, home needling, hair bleaching or dying.
- Cease cosmetic Vitamin A products 3-5 days pre-procedure.
- Seek medical advice for prescription Vitamin A products.
- Avoid over exfoliating your skin.
2 WEEKS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- Avoid waxing, electrolysis, bleaching, depilatory procedures, dermal fillers and laser & IPL procedures on the treatment area.
- Avoid facial treatments such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion and epidermal levelling.
4 WEEKS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- Avoid IPL/Laser skin rejuvenation (only prior to superficial to medium depth peels).
- Avoid medium depth peels.
- Avoid microneedling procedures.
3-6 MONTHS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- Avoid medical needling.
- Avoid fractional ablative laser resurfacing.
- Avoid deep peeling procedures.
- Avoid facial surgery.
6-12 MONTHS PRIOR TO TREATMENT
- Avoid roaccutane.
- Full abrasive laser resurfacing.
Get the Most Out Of Your IPL Skin Treatments
We recommend all of our customers have a strong pre-care and after-care routine to maximise the results of their treatments. You won’t find better deals on quality products at Brazilian Butterfly. Shop through our collection today!
Join Now And Get 10% Off Your First Online Purchase
Sign up for our newsletter today to hear more about exclusive offers, beauty tips and more. Plus! All new subscribers will get 10% off their first online purchase.