Picked for you
FROM THE BLOG
As anyone who has ever been on the waxing table knows, the popular procedure can sometimes cause REDDNESS, INFLAMMATION, PEELING, and occasionally even BLEEDING. But
The research didn’t find evidence that waxing causes STIs, just that small tears below the belt (whether brought on by WAXING, SHAVING, or even SEX),
- Book Now
What Can I Expect?
Brazilian Butterfly was founded in 2002 by Tanya Farrar fulfilling a need in the beauty industry to provide clients with exceptional quality of service and the highest hygiene standards.
Brazilian Butterfly’s own Sugar Cocoon film wax
Brazilian Butterfly’s exclusive aftercare range
Choose cruelty free accredited
Vegan friendly products
Australian made & owned
Commitment to the highest standards
Professionally trained therapists
The name you know and trust
Men's Waxing Tips
BEFORE YOUR WAXING TREATMENT
- Wash your skin daily to keep follicles clean and free of bacteria.
- Exfoliate 24-48 hours before your wax to remove as many dead skin cells as possible, to ensure the wax grabs only your hair.
- Prepare for your wax by using the BB wipe provided to clean the area.
- If you are concerned about sensitivity you can take Panadol or Nurofen 1 hour before your Treatment. All of our waxing treatments are performed professionally and quickly with specialty wax and techniques.
- Our Brazilian is performed in 20 minutes.
- Please do not trim your hair before a Brazilian waxing service as it may be too short to perform the treatment. We will trim the hair to the correct length using clippers and a fresh disposable clipper attachment for every new client. Please bring with you for future treatments if it’s been a while.
- The general rule for a successful wax is that your hair should be about the length of a grain of rice or grip between your finger tips. Or longer is fine as well but never shorter.
- Don’t book an appointment if your skin has had too much sun exposure or trauma that has damaged the skin’s surface.
- Don’t book in for a wax if you have a spray tan that you want to keep – it will get waxed off!
AFTER YOUR WAXING TREATMENT
- Moisturise your skin daily using our specialty after wax lotions designed by us, for their antibacterial qualities and professional results.
- After waxing treatments skin can become red or irritated we will apply a cold compress (ice pack) in the rare event of a skin reaction or if your skin is super sensitive. It’s best to avoid your bikinis or the beach/pool the day of your wax.
- Exfoliate your skin 3-5 days after your wax with our essentials or delicates body wash or body scrub using a BB Mitt.
- Avoid the gym the day of your wax that includes intimate activities. Always shower directly after sweaty work out sessions to clear the follicles of perspiration using our specialty Sugar cocoon I love my muffin wash that is especially Ph balanced for your intimate areas.
- Avoid sun and tanning applications 24 to 48 hours after waxing.
- Shave between waxes it distorts the hair growth cycle.
- Try to avoid sexual activity in the first 24 hours after getting an intimate wax, as your hair follicles will still be open and susceptible to infection (sorry!).
Get the Most Out Of Your Waxing
We recommend all of our customers have a strong pre-care and after-care routine to maximise the results of their treatments. You won’t find better deals on quality products at Brazilian Butterfly. Shop through our collection today!
Join Now And Get 10% Off Your First Online Purchase
Sign up for our newsletter today to hear more about exclusive offers, beauty tips and more. Plus! All new subscribers will get 10% off their first online purchase.